Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Lots of stuff!

I've been working on a variety of projects lately.  All the ones I've previously mentioned, plus a few more.  Here's a few more baby squares, and I'm planning on making at least 2 more today.


After Christmas, Joanns had a pretty nice sale on yarn, so of course I had to buy a box full.  Even now as I check out Joann I see they have a 30% off all yarn sale.  Uh oh!


I've always loved dusty pinks and greens together, and I love this pattern so I'm really fond of these squares.  I was thinking of making cushions for the dining room chairs with these.  I haven't measured or gotten the cushions yet so I'm not sure they'll actually fit, but I'm crossing my fingers.  If not, then I'll just have to turn these into a pillow or blanket at some point.  I think they are SO pretty.


I got another granny square book from the library, and I've been trying out the patterns.  I love making squares.  None of them take very long to do, so you get the satisfaction of completing something.  Mostly I making them when I'm watching a movie or something on tv, it's very relaxing.


A lot of them have mistakes, corners done wrong.  But since these are my own personal squares, and I'm not selling them I'm not very bothered by imperfections.  Also yesterday I figured out something I had been doing wrong the entire time on my granny squares, and since then they make MUCH more sense and are coming out better.  Yay for learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment