Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Toys!

So what do you do when you don't want to spend a lot on Christmas gifts and you have crochet bits laying around?  Make catnip toys!  The three blue pieces are some of my practice crochet scraps, from learning a basic stitch, shell stitch and from trying out my first round.  The brown is actually a knit scrap.

What I did was fold the pieces in half, then cut out two pieces slightly smaller out of quilting batting.  I sewed up the batting on three sides leaving one side open so I could stuff the 'pocket' as full as I could with catnip.  Then I closed up the last side and placed the pouch inside the folded crochet piece.  I then took some blue yarn and stitched up the three open crochet sides.  Voila, catnip toy!  I made the mistake of leaving them on the table for a few hours, and came back to find naughty kitties playing with their Christmas toys early.  They've been in a drawer ever since, with the occasional cat trying to figure out how to get the drawer open.

I'm all for presents that cost nothing to make and next to no time to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment